Miles to go...

This blog has shifted to http://jayajha.wordpress.com/. All the entries have been exported there. So, please post you comments there itself.

Ramblings by Jaya Jha

Tuesday, April 13, 2004

Poems, which can not be understood by anyone

I had often wondered why people write poems with abstract symbols in it (I am talking about the Hindi Poetry which many of the contemporary poet(esse)s write). The day before yesterday, for some reasons I was feeling extremely sad and angry at myself. And I actually felt like writing a poem of that kind - "bikharta astitva, athah gahraiyan, bhatakta man" etc. etc. and since the conscience would keep bothering me (I always feel irritated with people, who write something of which it is difficult to understand anything and now I was planning to write one like that myself) - I decided to clearly declare that you might not understand anything of the poem. Named is "Kavitayen, Jo Kissie kee samajh mein nahin aati" (poems which can not be understood any one).

But alas! Seems this one is a bit too comprehensible. Is there something innate about the kind of stuff you can write? Someday, someday I will write a "poem, which can not be understood by any one".... Watch out!

Categories: