Miles to go...

This blog has shifted to http://jayajha.wordpress.com/. All the entries have been exported there. So, please post you comments there itself.

Ramblings by Jaya Jha

Sunday, April 11, 2004

Consultancy et. al.

Have been doing lots of "consultancy" these day! And have realized at the same time how fraud it could be :-) Probably this is the only thing you remain capable of doing by this time - already old in this system. No wonder I do need a change. "Computer cum counseling Service" as Priya would name it - "Jaya, my mails have moved somewhere...", "Jaya, Redhat is not getting installed on my computer...", "Excuse me, I need to write a program which can read outputs from a Java as well as a C program, can you help?", "Got some book on VB/VC/Database/blah-blah?", "Hey, I have to install Linux on my machine", "I installed XP and now when I boot the option of Linux does not come at all", "my comp. is not booting at all, it was fine till yesterday night!"... Have never seen a better and more convincing example of "Andhon mein kaana raja" . God knows how many times do I actually have a solution. On other things, most of the time I can say something (secretly thinking to myself what does it mean) - "What all should Meander publish? What do people want in it?", "Politics in Business Club once again...", "What should be the vision of Gymkhana Executives?", "Preparation for CAT...", "Job interviews...", "BTP guides", "MBA courses to be taken" (the most frequent one), "whom to go for this and whom to go for that?", "where to find rules related to xyz?", "the wardens are not listening..." etc. etc.

And why am I writing this? Go to the fist few postings in this blog. Its for "From Orientation to Convocation" :-)

Categories: