Miles to go...

This blog has shifted to http://jayajha.wordpress.com/. All the entries have been exported there. So, please post you comments there itself.

Ramblings by Jaya Jha

Wednesday, April 28, 2004

Straight from PI (Nothing Mathematical about her!)

Some translations. Sorry, you would not enjoy it if you do not know Hindi!

You did not go to see your tutor? - Tum apne tutor dekhne nahin gayee?
I had to call up XYZ. - Mujhe XYZ ko bulana tha.
He is not in station. - Wah station mein nahin hai.

And no, do not mistake it for her lack of fluency in Hindi. She scored in 80s in Hindi in class 10th, knows what "ibtada" means and recalls Hindi songs faster and more efficiently that I do, during Antaksharis.

But that's just her. And she has influenced myself and Karishma too. I can not recall some of our fantastic translations right now, but I am sure we will repeat them. So keep checking my blog.

Categories: ,