Miles to go...

This blog has shifted to http://jayajha.wordpress.com/. All the entries have been exported there. So, please post you comments there itself.

Ramblings by Jaya Jha

Thursday, July 08, 2004

Over analytical

As I had discussed with Priya sometime in the 8th semester that over-analyzing oneself might become injurious and possibly its best to leave one's self wherever it is, after a limit. I am afraid I am again getting into an "over analysis of myself" phase. On the one hand I do not seem to get over my days at IITK and on the other hand, I start wondering if I am dwelling too much on the past and in the process foregoing what present has to offer to me. It an infinite chain of analysis of "what is going on inside me" and it does not seem to end. Possibly I shall leave it at that. Fine, I am dwelling in past, but so seems to be the doing of almost all the IITians around me :-) (Do I sound like an arrogant IITian?) So, let me dwell in the past anyway, if it is some respite from the boring present. May be things will be better in future, may be after I start off with some extracurriculars, may be after some more qualitative courses and better instructors come, may be after some miracle happens and then I will enjoy present as much as I enjoyed the past. For now, let me dwell in, as I said, "where loyalty lies" - my loyalty!

By the way, someone (a non-IITian) told me the IITKians are much more loyal and attached to their alma-mater than IITians from any other place. Ah! I do not want to start an Inter-IIT debate. But thought will just share this with you :-) And I had no reasons to refute any such claims ;)

Categories: ,

2 Comments:

  • At Tue Aug 03, 04:27:00 PM 2004, Blogger Unknown said…

    This is not true. Though I am also an ex IIT-Kanpurite, all other IITians are as much attached, as we are.

     
  • At Tue Aug 03, 05:14:00 PM 2004, Blogger Jaya said…

    Oh! I won't even try to refute you. I was only pointing out what this person told me and that I didn't refute her either. It only makes me feel good if anyone thinks so - I did not care for objective reality that is :-)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home