Miles to go...

This blog has shifted to http://jayajha.wordpress.com/. All the entries have been exported there. So, please post you comments there itself.

Ramblings by Jaya Jha

Thursday, July 08, 2004

Where loyalty lies

When somebody suggested that I should give up the yahoo id which has "iitk" appended in it, I blurted out without even thinking once that that's where my loyalty lies and I am not going to change it no matter what. Feeling becomes stronger as I talk to more people and live every other minute here. I listened to the IIML alumni during the induction programme, but I did not start imagining myself at their place, which is something I always did at IITK.

Not that a yahoo id reflects much. Most of the people with similar id, I know, did change their ids after graduating from IITK and as such it did not mean much to me. Neither did I ever consider so consciously that I am or am not going to change it. But the suggestion from someone else that I should change it because I have left IITK and am at IIML did not seem digestible. In fact it almost hurt me. So the matter of fact is that I am not changing my yahoo id :-). Certainly not as of now and yes, my loyalty lies with IITK and possibly will lie there.

Categories:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home