Miles to go...

This blog has shifted to http://jayajha.wordpress.com/. All the entries have been exported there. So, please post you comments there itself.

Ramblings by Jaya Jha

Friday, August 05, 2005

Cursor positioning problem in Firefox

I am facing this irritating problem in firefox for quite sometime. While typing in a textbox (like the box for typing post or comment on blogger ), the cursor positions keeps going haywire. Usually it will be little left to where it should be and hence hides the letter I am typing!! Has challanged my vision to quite an extent, because when I think I am deleting 'a' of "challanged", I end up deleting 'g' instead. A lot has to work on intuition this way. Once, by itself, the problem had disappeared. I do not remember having done anything to make that happen, but recently I installed windows in a new hard disk I installed, and hence had to reinstall everything. The firefox is giving the same problem again. Did as much googling as I could, but was unable to find any pointer.

Any solutions please!! It's so irritating to type a post when the cursor potition is bad. Sometimes, two or three last letters typed are not visible at all. Sometimes, even when I press backspace, the letters continue to be visible (though actually they have been deleted and if I post the page as such, you would not see the letters :( ).

Some help please!!


Categories:

3 Comments:

  • At Sat Aug 06, 03:23:00 AM 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Not a very high tech comp science girl like you...so I end up typing all my blog posts in MS word and then copy paste in browser as I figured out when I type blog on firefos window, the comp become so slow....and I dont want to be slow...

    Hope u appreciate this not so technical suggestion to overcome ur problem..

     
  • At Sat Aug 13, 12:42:00 AM 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi Jaya,
    Are you using the latest version of Firefox? Because i remember having the same problem with version .9 once i updated to 1.0.4 the problem went away.
    But if you are looking for a really cool browser try IE7.

    - Ashish

     
  • At Sat Aug 13, 10:27:00 AM 2005, Blogger Jaya said…

    It is version 1.0.6 and still the problem continues. Don't know why :(

     

Post a Comment

<< Home